Saturday, October 25, 2008

A JORDAN WILLOWS WALK


This is a very personal film that I made for my mother. She wrote this poem. One day we went on a walk along the Jordan River. It was beautiful and inspiring. The production quality isn't very high, but it is one of my favorite creations because it represents relationships that are important to me:

mother to daughter
parent to child

I often wonder if the film has a larger audience beyond me and my mother.

Does it speak to you? What does it say?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, this film speaks to me. I'm a mother, and I believe in God. To me it's a reminder of how simple life is. The things that are truely important are relationships, learning, teaching. And always depending on God and recognizing that to him we owe everything. Very nice, very simple, clear.

Gail said...

I really like the poem and the images. It combines so much in a few short lines and pictures -- eternity, God, family relationships (especially motherhood), nature. The light adds to the mood of the film and lifts it.

Tiffany said...

I liked Mom's poem. I think you read it nicely, though felt a tiny bit rushed at a few places. The images are beautiful, one can really appreciate why Mom likes to walk down there so much.

Jana said...

I think you are right, Tiff. Some of the dialogue does sound rather fast.

I think it's pretty funny that I filmed myself and Lizzy as mother and daughter. I really wanted myself and my mother, but there were complications at the time.

And I'm thinking maybe I could add a soundtrack? Maybe not though, maybe some ambient nature noises or something. Part of me likes the simpleness of it, though, as it now stands. Oh, the conflict!

Holly and Jerry said...

Beautiful. You need to post the poem text. I'm in favor of the soundtrack - Jerry actually had left some music playing on the computer and then muted it - I had to unmute it to hear the poem and didn't realize until after it was over that the music wasn't part of it.