Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My House



A lot of people have asked me about my house. This picture is a postcard I made to answer that question. The back side of the post card goes like this:

"Salt Lake is great. The new apartment is beautiful. School and David are keeping me busy, though, and I'm still living out of boxes. I'll give you a call when I put my life back together."

7 comments:

Jana said...

The idea with the post card was to create a visual representation of place and identity. I may have gone a little overboard with the fragmentation, but I had fun.

Joe said...

Ah, its nice to see that you have a blog. I think everyone should have a blog. This reminds me that I should update my own blog. Good luck, Jana!

Stephanie said...

That's a pretty funny post card. I like it. I would like to see REAL pictures of the place, but oh well.

Matt said...

Very creative! I love how you centered everything around the flowers.

Tiffany said...

Hehe, I love your collage. Looks exactly like your place, and I mean that as literally as I do metaphorically.

(P.S. This word verification is "washiles" hehe. Washiles. Sounds like some sweet word for a moving archipelago.)

Jana said...

Maybe I'll post some real pictures, if the apartment is ever clean again, that is.

David said...

Thankfully, the house is less cluttered than it has been. I've been meaning to do a photosynth of the place so that everyone could see it in all its 3D-ness. Just need to borrow a tripod...

Still, I think the photograph conveys the spatial and temporal disarray often experienced in the apartment. If it could periodically fit back together into a complete (non-fragmented) picture, then it would really reflect how the house really is.